Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Finished Series I Have YET To Finish

8 Sep

A lot of times, I’ll try and read the first in a popular series so I can get a feel for the storyline, but I rarely have time to read the whole series, unless it’s something I really enjoy.  I also have strong feelings about trilogies… I love the first book and then are often disappointed in book two or three. It’s rare to find a trilogy that is strong throughout all three books.  Sometimes, I wish a series would just stop after one book, I enjoyed the story, loved the characters and liked the ending and don’t need any more. Here are ten series that I haven’t finished and probably won’t get around to as I’m trying to keep up with new releases.

1. The Divergent series by Veronica Roth
  2. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
  3. The Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins
  4. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
  5. The Books of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
  6. Time Quintet by Madeleine L’Engle
  7. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
  8. The Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
  9. The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
  10. The Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

Advertisements

6 Responses to “Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Finished Series I Have YET To Finish”

1. Carrie September 8, 2015 at 5:18 pm #

ah the Spiderwick Chronicles! I forgot about those – they should have been on My TTT this week too!

• literacious September 8, 2015 at 5:44 pm #

I think I only read the first two Redwall books, but never finished the series!

• Carrie September 8, 2015 at 5:45 pm #

I think that’s about all I read too

2. Tracee Yawger September 8, 2015 at 7:56 pm #

The only trilogy that I think got better with each book was The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud

• literacious September 8, 2015 at 7:57 pm #

I’ll have to try that one! I never got around to it.

3. iloveheartlandx September 9, 2015 at 3:55 pm #

I haven’t finished the Divergent trilogy either. Really enjoyed A Series of Unfortunate Events and loved the Percy Jackson and The Olympians series’ though. I liked The Maze Runner trilogy, though I wouldn’t say it was my favourite.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/08/top-ten-tuesday-21/