#PB10for10 Wordless Picture Books

5. Boat of Dreams by Rogério Coelho
  6. Little Fox in the Forest by Stephanie Graegin
  7. Mr. Wuffles! by Davide Wiesner
  8. Wave by Suzy Lee
  9. Professional Crocodile by Giovanna Zoboli
  10. The Girl and the Bicycle by Mark Pett

pb 10 for 10Picture Book 10 for 10 — Love picture books? Then you’re in the right place. This community is dedicated to sharing picture book love. Please stop by to learn about picture books you’ll want to read. Join us in August for our Picture Book 10 for 10 event and again in February for our Nonfiction Picture Book 10 for 10 event. In the meantime, read and enjoy the resources shared. Learn more (and get all the details) from this blog post!

Advertisements

14 Responses to “#PB10for10 Wordless Picture Books”

1. jcareyreads August 10, 2018 at 1:34 pm #

I rediscovered the power of wordless picture books last year. Thanks for this list!

2. maryleehahn August 10, 2018 at 8:03 pm #

Professional Crocodile is one of my all time favorites!

3. Cathy August 10, 2018 at 10:22 pm #

I just love wordless picture books! They’re so perfect for talking about comprehension, developing a sense of story, and building oral language.

• literacious August 11, 2018 at 8:09 am #

And they’re definitely not as intimidating for struggling readers!

4. Wendy @ Falconer's Library August 11, 2018 at 12:24 am #

I love wordless books too, and hadn’t heard of many of these. Thank you!

• literacious August 11, 2018 at 8:09 am #

You’re Welcome! I’m so glad you found some new titles to read!

5. carwilc August 11, 2018 at 7:39 am #

I don’t feel like I’m very good at using wordless books, but last spring, Mary Lee Hahn wrote a post about the strategy she uses in her classroom, so I want to try again. PROFESSIONAL CROCODILE has moved to the top of my list, but I’m going to have to buy it, because my library doesn’t have it. I also want to check out GIRL AND THE BICYCLE. Thanks so much!

• literacious August 11, 2018 at 8:08 am #

Check to see if your library can borrow it through inter-library loan or suggest that they purchase it! (I mean, it’s good enough to have your own copy too!) Good luck!

6. Lori Sabo August 11, 2018 at 11:43 am #

I collect wordless books, so am very happy to learn about some I haven’t discovered.

• literacious August 11, 2018 at 11:44 am #

That’s awesome! What a cool collection!

7. tflander2015 August 13, 2018 at 11:14 am #

This is a fantastic list. Thanks for reminding me about all these and other wordless books. They do have some much potential for different kinds of readers.
    Tammy
    Apples with Many Seeds

8. Cathy August 14, 2018 at 7:13 am #

So many great titles. Wordless picture books are perfect for developing oral language, growing a sense of story, and deepening comprehension. I had to check out Where’s Walrus and Boat of Dreams. Both were new to me.

• Cathy August 14, 2018 at 7:18 am #

Ha! When you stop by a blog twice in #pb10for10. At least my commenting is consistent. Bahahaha.

• literacious August 14, 2018 at 8:24 am #

I love it! Thanks for stopping by again!