Top Ten Tuesday: Popular Books that Lived Up to the Hype

31 Jul

popular.png

All of these books are ones that I’ve loved and have read multiple times and all are extremely popular and that popularity is well-warranted. If you haven’t gotten a chance to read any on my list, definitely do yourself a favor and pick up a title or two at your local library or bookstore.

1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J. K. Rowling
  2. Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
  3. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
  4. Wonder by R. J. Palacio
  5. The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
  6. The Wild Robot by Peter Brown
  7. The Book With No Pictures by B. J. Novak
  8. After the Fall by Dan Santat
  9. Press Here by Hervé Tullet
  10. Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin

TTT-Big2Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and now hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl.

Advertisements

6 Responses to “Top Ten Tuesday: Popular Books that Lived Up to the Hype”

1. lifewithallthebooks July 31, 2018 at 10:40 am #

A few of these I hadn’t heard of and they sound really good! I love Harry Potter too 😊 great choices!
    My TTT: https://lifewithallthebooks.com/2018/07/31/top-ten-tuesday-popular-books-that-lived-up-to-the-hype/

• literacious July 31, 2018 at 2:06 pm #

Thanks for checking out my list (and for sharing yours!)

2. Astilbe July 31, 2018 at 1:43 pm #

How excited are you for the film version of The Hate U Give? I can’t wait for it personally.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

• literacious July 31, 2018 at 2:07 pm #

I’m so excited to see it! I’m hoping it’s half as good as the book!

3. Aj @ Read All The Things! August 1, 2018 at 7:23 pm #

Harry Potter made my list, too. I still need to read Long Way Down. I’ve seen a lot of good reviews.

• literacious August 2, 2018 at 8:53 am #

Long Way Down is extremely powerful – my friend listened to it on audio (read by Jason Reynolds) and loved it!