Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books on My Long-Standing TBR List

23 Aug

Long-Standing TBR.png

It’s probably not too surprising that my Long-Standing TBR shelf is filled with adult books… and most I’ve started, just haven’t finished yet ever.  Maybe in my new position, I’ll allow myself to stretch out into adult literature a little more and finally cross these off my TBR list, we’ll see!

1. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabríel Graca Márquez
  2. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
  3. Radiance of Tomorrow by Ishmael Beah
  4. The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
  5. The Source by James A. Michener
  6. Wicked by Gregory Maguire
  7. Slaughter-House-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
  8. Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson
  9. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  10. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish

Advertisements

6 Responses to “Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books on My Long-Standing TBR List”

1. Mrs. Mother Dirt August 23, 2016 at 2:35 pm #

Sometimes when I don’t finish a book, I try again, somtimes even years later and find I breeze right through it. It’s almost as if books sometimes have a place and time in your life.

• literacious August 23, 2016 at 3:22 pm #

I completely agree! I’m hoping that the fall and winter will be time for me to try some of these titles again.

2. mez_blume August 24, 2016 at 7:44 am #

Ken Follet has been on my personal reading list for years too! I’m beginning to wonder if the answer to “ticking it off the list” is to go for the audiobook. That’s the only way I was able to get through Song of Ice and Fire — it helped that I could do laundry or eat dinner at the same time;)

• literacious August 24, 2016 at 8:26 am #

That’s a thought… I have a really short commute, but maybe during my workout!

3. kainzow August 24, 2016 at 8:29 am #

Whew!
    You have three of my favourite books on your list: Bell Jar, One Hundred Years of Solitude, Slaughterhouse Five.
    The first one is beautifully written and so deeply personal and touching.
    The second is a masterpiece. Every page, every word, is sublime.
    The third is very peculiar but also very deep. It has a lasting impact on you.

4. Reno @ Falling Letters August 31, 2016 at 10:15 pm #

One Hundred Years of Solitude was on my list for a veeeery long time…i tried reading it on multiple occasions, finally decided it wasn’t for me, and took it off the list. It would be probably be my oldest unread book if I hadn’t removed it.😛